Show Notes for Episode 1: Welcome!
For this episode we were settled together on a couch and trying to throw ourselves boldly into the process. We start out a bit nervous, but get going after a bit.
Katie: Rora114 on Ravelry and Instagram. She and her husband live in a small condo with a fat cat, usually referred to online as OrcaKitty. She works for a nonprofit that helps other nonprofits get stronger. She’s passionate about knitting, a passable crocheter, and a new weaver. –
Sarah: PrairiePoppins on Ravelry, Imagined Landscapes on Instagram. She’s homeschooled both of her kids since the beginning but is very nearly done. She designs knitting patterns and teaches at a LYS called Knit 2 Scrap 2. Married to a university librarian from Germany and we have 2 teens. Soccer is a big part of our lives.
Destination achieved (FOs)
- Travelling Landscapes Project Shawl – a design while travelling, soon to be published. Read about my challenge here
- Mitred Squares Coaster – sample for LYS class on join-as-you-go blanket squares
- Raiun – an open-front cardigan with elbow length sleeves, and funky detail in the back
- Sommer Sleeveless Top – cotton/linen tank top
- Jolly Roger Shawl – skull lace (Don’t try knitting it while watching the Hush episode of Buffy!!)
Are we there yet? (WIPs)
- Birthday socks for my son
- Sock yarn scrap blanket – hat tip to PrairieGirl Danie from Prairie Girls Knit and Spin
- Fog and Whisper – open-front cardi
What’s on the Horizon (Imaginary Knitting and/or Planning)
- Never-ending sock yarn blanket
- Baby sweater for cousin’s baby
- Woven blanket for other cousin’s baby (stash dependent)
- Two-at-a-time toe-up socks – we mention Rose City Rollers, but those are cuff-down
Off the knitted path (non-yarn things)
- Star Trek: Beyond
- We also briefly mention Witch Hunt, Clerks, Avengers movies, Antman
- Yarn housekeeping: Sarah’s going to organize her yarn and do a “stash census” of her physical stash compared to her Ravelry stash
- Sarah’s training for a half marathon this fall