What is +1 Pop?
The +1 Pop Collection is a chance to play with mini skeins to achieve maximum impact from these little bundles of colour.
The focus is on stylish, flattering accessories you’re going to wear for years. Depending on your colour choice you can achieve sophisticated knits perfect for art museums or bold knits that shout “I’m feeling fun today!”
When you buy the +1 Pop Collection you’ll receive 7 accessory patterns for fingering weight yarn, with a new pattern released each month. All of the patterns need just one 100g skein of main colour and one mini skein. (Of course, you can use leftovers for the contrast colour, too.) These hats, cowls, and fingerless mitts use a variety of simple techniques to play with the pop of colour each mini provides. I’ve chosen stitch patterns with short row repeats so that they’re easy for you to adapt. As an added bonus, the motifs for the 3 colourwork patterns are all interchangeable, so you can mix and match charts to your heart’s content.
Patterns are both written and charted (colourwork is charted only) and come in a range of adult sizes.
- 7 patterns sent to your Ravelry inbox in 2017
- A chance to play with colours
- A range of techniques including stripes, brioche stitch, textured stitches, and stranded colourwork
- Tutorials for choosing colours and stitch techniques
- A variety of accessory types including cowls, hats, and fingerless mitts – perfect for making coordinating sets or just playing with colours
Indulge in the fun of a new pattern each month. Get creative with colour. Learn a few new stitches that knit up easily and produce a huge effect for a surprisingly small effort.
The +1 Pop Collection:
- costs just $21.50 CAD for all 7 accessory patterns until the final pattern is released
- after all 7 patterns are out, the price will be $25 CAD
- if you like to pick and choose, you can buy patterns individually at any time for $5.75 CAD
The first pattern is the Persian Windows Hat: a slouchy, stylish hat with a sizzling raised line of garter stitch that’s dotted at intervals with pointed archways. The hat gets a lot of mileage out of a mini skein and a rapid increase. And since the stitch pattern is based in garter stitch, this hat coordinates well with a lot of other accessories, including few of the patterns in this collection. Is that a hint? Yes, yes, it is.