Gnutmeg can be counted on to bring a bowl of egg gnog and belly laughs to every party. His favourite gift is tickets to see The Gnutcracker Prince. He recently tried out for a part in an upcoming Gnetflix show called The Gnome of the Gnorth – let’s cross our fingers that he gets it!
~While the term advent is used a fair bit, this is not an explicitly Christmas event. It’s a ‘festive winter’ event set in a gnomish land.~
This December, unleash whimsy and playfulness! We’ve crafted an experience full of gnomes, surprises, and fun! That’s right: it’s a winter mystery gnome knitalong and it’s an advent event!
Just like opening a window of an advent calendar each day, you’ll have the joy of knowing you’ll get an email every day from December 1st through 24th. On 12 of those days you’ll open your email up to find a clue – a small bit of knitting instructions for the next step in the gnome. The other 12 days will bring charming stories, special treats, and a recipe or two for traditional gnomish delights. Which comes when? Well, that’s part of the surprise!
You’ll also get video tutorials for all the parts that might need help. The chatter and energy in the Ravelry chat threads for each clue will be hopping with fellow knitters eager to talk, make gnome puns, and show off how things are looking. Use the hashtag #gnomeMKAL5 and #ADVENTuregnome on Instagram to join in even more fun.
Gnutmeg is a medium-sized gnome, and since he’s split into 12 stages you’ll find time to knit him up even in the busiest schedule.
This ADVENTure will bring a smile to your face!
- knitting in the round
- simple stitches like knit and purl
- simple increases and decreases
- pattern will be ‘needle agnostic’ – use the method you prefer for knitting small-circumference projects
- all other skills will have video tutorials
You’ll need 4 20g minis of fingering weight yarn. The preKAL document gives tips for picking your own colours.
ept 22 – Oct 3: preorders for kits on sale at The Loopy Ewe
- Nov 1: ADVENTure Gnome pattern goes on sale and the preKAL info PDF is available to download, chat thread opens on Ravelry
- Dec 1-24: emails come dusted with sugarplum sprinkles
- Jan 9: last day to post a photo of your finished gnome in the Ravelry thread to enter for a chance to win a grand prize