What is the Travelling Landscapes Project?
I’ve challenged myself to design a shawl inspired by my travels in Europe this summer.
4 weeks, 2 skeins, at least 4 countries = 1 shawl? I sure hope so!
Here are the general ‘rules’ of the challenge:
- I let the internet help pick the 2 colours that are now waiting for me in Germany. I chose Maus Jung – a beautiful silvery-grey – and let my Instagram followers vote on the second colour. You chose Dunkle Kirsche – it translates as Dark Cherries but I see a lot more raspberry tones.
- I knit a shawl as we travelled, inspired by small details and sweeping vistas.
- I didn’t haul my stitch dictionaries around with me, so I had to find online sources for stitch patterns.
- I shared photos of the knitting and our journey on Instagram. Click here to see them.
Read the (few) blog posts that I managed while travelling and designing at the same time:
- about the project colours
- designing with online stitch dictionaries
- figuring out how to end the shawl
This free pattern is available to newsletter subscribers. Click here to register and get the password.