What’s New in Life?
Patterns and KALs
- Here we Gnome Again KAL – cohosted with The Charm of It Podcast on YouTube
- Ends midnight, Sept 4.
- eligible: Here We Gnome Again projects
- WIPs and previous FOs allowed – time travel KAL!
- Prizes: 3 prizes of “Gnome of Choice” from me – either the Never Not Gnoming pattern or my next gnome pattern, winner’s choice. Eva is offering a copy of the Here We Gnome Again pattern for 1 winner to give to a friend and spread the contagion…
- To enter: FO in the thread in our IL Ravelry group, and use #GnomeAgainKAL on Instagram for a chatter prize
- Socks for R – 2nd pair! 2/7 Turtletoes in “Beekeeper”
- Tias birthday socks
Are We There Yet?
- Marine Building Shawl by Natalie Servant, part of Canadian Art Deco Knits. Using Blossom and Fern Yarn Co’s Darling Sock in +gem+
- Gnome for humans hat – Noble Ruby Yarn in FTLO Hugo
- Double Dipper – 50% off until Aug 6
On the Knitted Path
- The other week while we were recording I suddenly became aware of how much I was using the term “guys” as a general catchall, and I want to acknowledge that that is a gendered term and commit to trying to be more inclusive in my language. There are more than just women in our group and there are more than just two genders. I want to try to be more inclusive in my language. It’s going to take some rewiring of reflexive terminology, so thank you for your patience as I do so, but I do want to do better.
- Ungendered terms of reference (Facebook link)
- #diversknitty tag on Instagram and a link to the original Sockmatician post
A follow up post by LadyDyeYarns that Katie likes, adding some action to diversification.
Off the Knitted Path
- Near and Far
- Scythe & the new expansion Rise of Fenris
Episode 50: Indecently Social